Janine Norris is our Restore Scar Therapy Practitioner. Restore Scar Therapy is a non-invasive physical therapy developed by Harley Street scar specialist, Emma Holly. it is used to treat scar tissue, fibrosis and adhesions after injury using specialist scar massage and fascial release, therapy tools and self-care advice to promote healthy recovery.
Restore scar therapy has been developed to:
- Stimulate changes in scars, both on the skin surface, and any adhesions or fibrosis the underlying tissue.
- Promote functional and cosmetic improvements after surgery or injury.
- Reduce common symptoms, such as pain and sensitivity
- Assess and treat any associated functional changes
- Support emotional wellbeing after surgery or trauma.
How can scar therapy help you?
Scar therapy can even be beneficial for older scars. The body is constantly renewing cells so your old scar can still improve when given the right stimulation.
Treatment from your therapist using the restore method should always be in your comfort levels. We do not need to hurt you to generate improvements to your scar and any underlying adhesions or fibrosis.
We can’t make a scar disappear, but the treatment usually generates improvements to pain or sensitivity. Textural changes to the suppleness of the scar and surrounding tissue can often occur. The number of treatments you require will depend on the scar issues and symptoms you are experiencing.